Thursday, December 8, 2011

Let me be (Save Trees)

Let me be, basking in the sunny life,
Tucked away from the battering human knife,
Bereft of fear, camouflaged in nature’s guise,
 Unscathed, protected from the domineering device.

I shudder at the cries in my neighborhood, of felled life,
And the stories of the zealous devil stacking storied rife,
Erasing my likes mercilessly, with reasons unfathomable and disguised,
Conniving and belligerent but always unbiased,

Feeling powerless, unable to run or hide, amidst cries loud,
I wish for a mask to blend into the modern shroud,
Wrapping me from head to toe, or making me invisible to human eye,
Casing me up whenever there is an impending danger nearby.

There isn’t much that I ask for, but a small space to grow and bloom,
To shelter birds and insects in my folds, to help them live and groom,
Be sacrificial in sharing my fruits, to protect lives under my shady wings,
To adorn the parks, where families cradle up my feet to spend the evenings,

I am but a life and I want to play my part,
Amongst the wild and in every heart,
As a part of the ecosystem forming a nurturing path,
Let me be, lest you shall face nature’s wrath.

No comments:

Post a Comment